We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to maintain and improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. If I have to change any of the timescales set out below I will let you know.
What will happen next?
- Within three days I will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details. I may suggest that we meet to clarify any details.
- I will then record your complaint in my central register and open a file for your complaint and investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps. If I acted for you, I will consider your complaint again. I will then send you my detailed reply or invite you to a meeting to discuss the matter. I may ask another independent local solicitor to investigate your complaint and report to me. I may then write inviting you to meet me and discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
- At this stage I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you. I would aim to be in a position to be able to meet with you within 14 days of first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange this within an agreeable timescale, I will write fully to you setting out my views on the situation and any redress.
- Within three days of the meeting I will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions I have agreed with you. In appropriate cases I could offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please contact me again. I will then arrange to review my decision within the next 10 days. This may happen in one of the following ways.
- I will review the decision myself.
- I will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time I will write to you confirming my final position on your complaint and explaining my reasons. The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted at:
PO Box 6806
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Telephone: 0300 555 0333
Further information can be found at: https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/contact-us/
If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint.